My legacy to the world is procrastination. I have worked at it all my life, and I think I finally have it honed to an art.
It’s Thursday afternoon, and this blog entry is due today. But I still have until midnight.
Over the last two months:
- I have The Petigru Review proofs back from authors. I will get the book to the printer by Sept. 1.
- I finished a novel and a children’s picture book.
- My materials for a writing class are almost ready.
- I put together a book cover for a friend who is self-publishing. I also formatted the interior for him.
- I made two book trailers.
Now that I think about it, I’m not such a procrastinator. I set specific goals. With advice from a friend: I just did it!
The only item left on my list to do is to send in my submission for the conference critique. Not done. It must go out Friday. Which is now today.
I work better under pressure. I know I’ll leave the next blog entry until the last minute.
Tibby’s tips for getting things done:
Use Google Calendar, your phone calendar, or a planner (or sticky notes if you have space) to set goals. Goals not set never get done.
Have confidence in your abilities.
No more excuses: Just do it!